In the digital age, an online presence for your business is not only a good idea but essential. People spend a lot of time on the internet, whether it’s for social media or studying. They also use it to shop and work. Why not use this opportunity to establish trust with your brand, connect with your customers and grow your audience? It doesn’t need to be that way! Whether you’re
An example of an ecommerce website
How Do I Create an Ecommerce Website?
You can build it yourself from scratch
using a CMS
(content management system) platform or a popular site builder. Software that allows you to create, edit, and manage digital content is called CMS. A website builder allows you to put together a site using pre-built components.
. They can be open-source, which are platforms where the source code is available for developers, allowing them to modify and adapt the software for different purposes. However,
, where ecommerce providers build, host, and maintain the software, so users don’t have to maintain it themselves.If you’re not tech-savvy,
choosing an ecommerce site with a SaaS platform such as Ecwid by Lightspeed is the easiest and most efficient option. This way, to sell online with your own website, you don’t have to seek help from web developers or designers.
website with a
- Or a site built with any other site builder, CMS, or website platform of your choice.
- How Much Does an Ecommerce Website Cost?
- To code an ecommerce website from scratch, you’ll need to hire a developer who may charge
or even more per hour to build an online store. This option is mostly suitable for bigger businesses that need a complex, deeply customizable website (for example, a large marketplace).
website with a
- Instant Site is the online destination to create a professional website and showcase your business’ unique identity and values. Our goal is to help you make a great first impression with your customers from the moment they land on your site.
- An example of an Instant Site
Who is Instant Site for?
You need a website for your business, but you don’t have tech skills or any coding knowledge.
You’ve just started your business, and you want to start selling online as fast as possible.
- Create your website
- How to Build an Ecommerce Website with Ecwid’s Instant Site
First, you need to choose a
template for your site
. Choose from over 40 ecommerce templates based on your niche. We have templates for all types of businesses, whether you are selling home appliances, jewelry, food or other products. This can be done by editing the content blocks. In
Homepage sections,you can edit your website’s content and order. Some of the most common sections are:Header & Menu
Cover & Headline
StoreCustomer ReviewsAbout Us
- Delivery & Payment
- You can use all the sections provided or only select the ones that work for you and hide the rest. The
- Header and Menu
- is at the top of your site. You can use this section to display your brand’s logo, let customers contact you, or add an action link. You can use this section to display your logo, allow customers to contact you or add a link. All of which have a space for your store’s name and a short description.
- As your cover image, you can upload a photo of your team, your product, or an
picture that represents what you do. This cover can be changed anytime to keep your site fresh, promote sales and events, or showcase new products.
section, of course, will consist of the products you sell. Here, you can customize your storefront’s appearance.You can customize the appearance of both a product list and a product page. You can change the size of thumbnails, layout of product pages, position of category names, and much more. You can also disable the display of your products if they do not have images.Instant Site allows you to lay out the information in a way that persuades customers to make a purchase. Even the
one-page checkout is designed to get more sales. This way, you can send a follow-up
email to those who abandoned their orders. This way, you can send a
The Customer Reviews section allows you to add a testimonial to show some social proof and increase customers’ trust.
brick-and-mortar store if you have a physical location.The
Footer is the last section of your website. It displays the copyright information.You are able to change the order of all sections except for the Header and
Footer–these are always the first and the last sections of your ecommerce site. However, you are able to hide them, just like any other block.If you need help with setting up your website, check out our Help Center for detailed instructions on configuring the design and content of your Instant Site.
feature-rich solution to find your business a home on the web that is fully hosted, secure, and maintained by Ecwid. You can get your website in less than five minutes and its full setup won’t take more than a couple of hours.Did we mention that it’s all for free and no coding is required?
Start your ecommerce journey today!