The visual appeal of a website greatly influences first impressions. The visual appeal of a website greatly influences first impressions.
What does this mean for a business owner like you?
It means you have less than a second to convince your customers that you have a trustworthy and professional online store worth browsing and buying from. You might think this is a difficult task. But there’s a
With Ecwid, you can choose the perfect ecommerce website template for your online store, and you’ll make quite a first impression.
What Is an Ecommerce Template?
and designed online store that business owners can use and customize for their sites.
An example of an ecommerce website template
designs. It saves a lot of time. Like, a lot of time.
How to Choose an Ecommerce Template for Your Site
- Here’s a checklist for choosing the perfect ecommerce template for your business:
- Is it optimized for mobile?
- Does it have a visually appealing, clean design?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Does it load quickly? (Check on different devices)
- Does it have a straightforward checkout process?
- Do the product pages present your products in the best way?
Is it easy to customize?
template for your site!
websites, while others are crafted with apparel stores, restaurants, or services in mind.
There are even some free and awesome ecommerce templates! Don’t just choose the first pretty template you see, compare different options to see which one works best for your business.
40+ Templates for Your Ecommerce Site
By now, you might be wondering: Does Ecwid have website templates? We sure do!
customizable online store… And…you have over 40 ecommerce templates and various design options to choose from!
All the themes are fully customizable: you can edit texts, fonts, Call to Action buttons, images, colors, and layouts, whenever you want.
All of Ecwid’s themes match the requirements for shopping cart website templates we’ve listed above, so you have everything you need to start an online store, guaranteed.
What Are Ecommerce Website Examples?
Ecwid Instant Site templates are designed with various stores and services in mind so that you can find the one that is most relevant to your business.
Food (View demo site)
These are just a few ecommerce templates for Ecwid Instant Sites. Want to see other templates? Create a free Ecwid account, then go to your Ecwid admin, Website – Edit Site – Settings – Site Templates.
You can edit any template and make it unique to your store and brand. Check out our Help Center for detailed instructions on site customizations.
Tips for Designing Your Ecwid Store
You’ve already chosen the perfect template, but still feel like something is missing? You don’t have to worry! Here are some ideas for creating your signature look on your Ecwid website. Here are a couple of ideas for creating your signature look on your Ecwid website.
Use an Eye-Catching
Cover Image or Video
- A picture is worth a thousand words, so make sure your image portrays your brand message:
Showcase your products, share a picture of yourbrick-and-mortar
- store or the faces behind your brand
- images only. Say no to blurry pictures with poor lighting!
Showing products in action or in use is always a win for a cover image
Use Flattering Typography
Besides providing information, texts on your website serve other purposes. Not only is it important to say what you want, but also how you say it. It’s not just what you say, but how you say it. It’s a subtle art, but one worth learning.
- Minimalistic fonts balance busy cover images
- Follow these simple practices to convey your brand voice through typography:
Experiment with contrasts: for example — use bold and cursive fonts or tall and short onesCombine serif and
- fonts for readability
Use different fonts and sizes for your headline and body textStick to
fonts to avoid a cluttered look.
If you have several product categories in your store, pay close attention to how you present them. You want customers to navigate through your store and view important sections. You want customers to navigate through your store and view important sections.
- Zealously Handmade uses the same style for all category images
- Keep this in mind when choosing and setting up category pictures:
- Use large images to represent your products in the best way
- Keep proportions balanced to avoid a messy look
Use the same perspective, background, and light for all category pictures
- Avoid abstract category images. Use pictures that are directly related to the categories you’re displaying but can be distinguished from each other. This layout works great for:
cafes and restaurants (it gives amenu-like
- storefront vibe).
online stores with small catalogs where customers can see all of your products at once.
By the way, you can also hide category images. This way, only category names are displayed.
Choose an Ecommerce Template Today